1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Had my first business trip, Nebraska. Did the 'breaking' of breaking up with someone for the first time.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My only resolution, always, is to get healthier, though according to my coworker Jen, the theme of 2008 will be "FUN".
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My mom's aunt Mary (96) and uncle Tony (94) in the past month. :(
5. What countries did you visit?
None this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
A travelers mind, a more personal vacation, and more sleep.
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Jan 1 - New Year's in NYC goodness.
May 5 - Best Man for Stefan's Wedding.
Sept. 6 - The day I lost 80% of my design team at work to lay-offs.
Oct. 4 - Adventure in Lincoln, NE.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I found inner-strength.
9. What was your biggest failure?
My impatience, as always.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My sister, for going for what she wants in life. My friends and coworkers for for sticking together as a family through the shit times.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My parents just don't understand, and probably never will.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Food, my god...
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What songs will always remind you of 2007?
"Chocolate Rain" - Tay Zonday
"Umbrella" - Rihanna
"Wunderkind" - Alannis Morissette
the theme music from 2Girls...(shudder)
"Toy Soldier" - Britney Spears
"The Mixed Tape" - Jack's Mannequin
"1234" - Feist
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I. happier or sadder? In general, happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? well, I've had to go back to my college-sized clothing, so that should tell you something... :(
iii. richer or poorer? Sadly, the same.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Well, now that you mention it, saved money. But also gone out more... which is kind of a contradiction.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Sleep depriving myself... sitting on my fat arse in front of the computer.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Aunt's in Queens, and running around Long Island on Christmas Eve.
22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Heroes was fantastic.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate.
26. What was the best book you read?
'The War of Art' by Steven Pressfield
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Tychomusic.com = the soundtrack of my life
28. What did you want and get?
a sense of self-worth, enlightenment and knowledge of the difference between lust, love, and infatuation, my first camcorder.
29. What did you want and not get?
a space to call my own
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Ooo, good question. I saw a LOT of good stuff. My top ones would be Bridge to Terabithia, Elizabeth: The Golden Age, Babel, 300, oh and of course The Namesake.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
24, and I don't remember... I guess it wasn't that good. :(
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Somewhere between clubbin', and rustic-sophisticated.
34. What kept you sane?
Music, and self-help books, lol.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The damn war, and international economics.
37. Who did you miss?
I miss everyone.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Dave, George, Jaime, J-bad, and John P.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
My impression of a person upon first meeting, tends to be the right one...
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I eat dinner at the kitchen table
By the light that switches on
I eat leftovers with mashed potatoes
No more candlelight
No more romance
No more small-talk
When the hunger's gone"
- Rufus Wainwright/Dido
"Flames to Dust; Lovers to Friends.
Why do all good things come to an end?"
- Nelly Furtado
...and on a less emo-note:
"Music is my boyfriend
Music is my girlfriend
Music is my dead end
Music is my imaginary friend
Music is my brother
Music is my great-grand-daughter
Music is my sister
Music is my favorite mistress
From all the shit the one i gotta buy is music
From all the jobs the one i choose is music
From all the drinks the one i get drunk is music
From all the bitches the one i wannabe is music
Music is my beach house
Music is my hometown
Music is my kingsize bed
Music is my hot hot bath
Music is my hot hot sex
Music is my back rub
Music is where i'd like you to touch!"